http://gearslutz.com/board/showthread.php3?t=26430
ZitatAlles anzeigenMy favorite one is me talking to a guitar player that I referred to as "Noodles" because he noodled over everything. He plays a Strat...
Me: Try it with the neck pick-up please
Noodles: ...blank stare...
Me: Try the neck pick-up I think it will blend well on this song
Noodles: ...Huh?
Me: Switch to the neck pick-up please.
Noodles: I have no idea what you mean.
Me: See these things here, those are you pick-ups, I'd like to hear this one (as I touch the neck pick-up).
Noodles: ...blank stare...
Me: This switch changes which pick-up is being used...(Then I explained ---very slowly---how a Strat pick-up switch works)
Noodles: I thought that switched the strings.
Me: ...blank stare...
RUNNER UP:
Drummer after soundcheck playback
Drummer: I don't like that kick drum sound.
Me: OK, what type of tone do you want?
Drummer: I don't want to answer that.
ZitatBack in the good 'ol days when 24tk analogue was a luxury and most of us were working on 16tk, I remember a session where all 16 tracks were absolutely full up. Chock a block.
The Producer turns to the engineer and asks to set up for yet another overdub.
The engineer says that all tracks are full up and there is no room.
A crisp £20 note is waved in engineers face with the words:
"I'm sure there's something you can do..."
I do remember a certain famous guitarist wanting the Studer A800 pulled right up to the SSL to .... "cut down on the signal path as now the sound has less distance to travel".
Obviously he'd never tried to move one before.
Zitati was mixing a song and the singer told me he wanted me to make the track "sound like sex".
does anyone have any idea what piece of gear does that?
ZitatFamous guitsteel player to me:
"You can EQ that reverb out of the song, right?"
Music director for a very bad choir that I recorded: "We'll put your name on the CD, and maybe it will help get you some business."
Me: "You REALLY shouldn't do that. REALLY!"