Beiträge von Timo Beckman

Zitat von "Timo Beckman"

So muss das wieder auf english machen ....

On the last 2 seminars i picked up the most information . Within the files you get at the level 1 & 2 system optimalization coarse by magu there are patents from meyer and if you read them realy well you can figure out how they manipulate the phase response to get a flat phase (first in analogue but with the new small format line-array in digital).

Oh i forgot 1 thing . During the sys opt. coarse in 2006 i got the RBV2-9 program . It allows you to export from MAP on Line the impulse response and import it in RBV . Within RBV the impulse response can be used to visualize the phase response of the system .
    This has been real helpfull in understanding and learning how to work with the phase display and act on the data displayed .

2nd : After the last SIM seminar in the Netherlands i'm hearing there are a lot more SIM engineers in our small country .
    I can teach allmost anybody to opperate on SIM3 within a couple of hours but making the discisions on what to change as to how much delay on individual drivers is needed, loudspeaker placement , what kind of filters to use or where to put all the mics you can hook up to SIM that's something you can't learn within a couple of days nor months . It takes years to get experienced in doing measurements . I'm getting more and more experience every day not only by doing "the job" of doing the measurements but also by surfing the internet if i have a question about doing them or if somebody asks me something and i'm not sure about the awnser .

It's a bit like a analyzer . The analyzer only provides data on a specific point in time/position in the room (mic placement) .
    If i have a big dip @ 1kHz on that specific point in the room do act imediatly by eq'íng it or do i look further and see if it's a trend all over the room . If it's all over the room i need to check if the system it self needs to be (re)aligned (if possible and most of the time i've allready checked :!: ) before i even start doing the room tuning .
    So i keep asking myself questions during measurements and try to find out awnsers as i do when i'm only studying .

So muss das wieder auf english machen ....

I did a lot of seminars . Most of them by our mexican american friend and 2 by the writter of the blue/green book . On all of them i picked-up some info .
    On the last 2 seminars i picked up the most information . Within the files you get at the level 1 & 2 system optimalization coarse by magu there are patents from meyer and if you read them realy well you can figure out how they manipulate the phase response to get a flat phase (first in analogue but with the new small format line-array in digital).
    After that i experimented on a studio loudspeaker at my home to figure out how to get the phase to the 0dg line with a modern processor (xilica @ that time).

I do get what marcoboy talkes about .
    At the seminar @ mallorca there where a couple of tech's that where more interested in staying on MSN than following what magu was explaining and the data from the live measurements and than the seminar thing becomes a waste of good money . So what i mean is what you get @ a seminar is also largly dependent on what you put in to it .
    If you go in expecting that without any effort from your side you go out knowing everything there is to know about doing measurements it will be good money wasted . If you go in and put all your energy in understanding the information and keep asking questions about the information you get at the seminar and the books you'll get a lot in return .

For me the articals on my blog also helped a lot . By writting the articals on my blog i have to explain what i do and by doing so i get to understand the phase game better and how to track down mistakes made during that measurement and what to look/watch out for during future jobs .

Zitat von "billbo"

Fazit:

:D Ich glaub’ den Kollegen übernehme ich mal in die Lesezeichen...

Mit freundlichem Gruß
    BillBo

Sorry i have to reply in english . I do understand german but can't write it . I wasn't paying atention during highschool german lessons and got kicked out of the classroom most of the time .
    What do you mean by "Lesezeichen"? might be a stupid question but in my opinion there are no stupid questions so i'll still ask .

I did the powerpoint because on several jobs where i had do a re-alignment for a customer of mine the club owner and some other clients from him asked why the system sounded better than before (the systems i measured where allready there for about 1/2 a year so...) . His reply was that SIM was moore acurate compared to his SMAART version 6(?i believe).
    At that time i did not say anything because it was his customer but in short this is BS(bullshit) . If you learn how phase works you can take what ever program with FFT analysis and do alignments . The reason for me to buy SIM3 is simple . I got fed up with windows and driver problems so i bought SIM in 2007 (before SMAART had a MAC-version) .
    Also my SIM3 unit comes with a Line switch witch if the whole thing is programmed right allows me to make less mistakes during measurements regarding witch part of the system i'm measuring with witch mic (i've got 6 matched DPA4007 within a 1/4db) . I ran in to SAT-live in 2005 i think during 1 of MAGU's classes and still like the program a lot(thanx to tomy for writting the program) and i prefere it above my SMAART-live version 5.3(?) i think witch has to do with the live impulse response (not available within SMAART 5.3 but it is in version 7). There is a difference between SIM3 and smaart/sat in the impulse response but it's a very small difference and in the end doesn't matter because after you are synchronized (F7 in sat or auto small/large SMAART5.3) it becomes a comparrison of source to measured signal in FFT mode . I did try a version of systune but could not get it working witch has to do with me and windows and not with the systune program . Might be nice to do a test where i run Systune along sat smaart sim for comparison . Maybe in the future........... Greetz Timo Beckman