Beiträge von rhino

Sorry for my English, but rading and understanding German is no problem for me, writing in German however is even worse for me than speaking it. So I avoid of being looked upon as a clown... :oops:

A nice series of advertorials for Global truss. And strange for me to read here that Global's Chainese fabrication was an initiative from Germany. While I have always heard that it originated from a combination of Dutch company's (of which the manufacturing one was Harasco, and the sales one's name I have lost - since this company went bankrupt some three years ago) who were trying to compete with Prolyte and Eurotruss.

Anyway when price is the only consideration to buy a product, I am sure that all buyers of this Chinese brand also will be driving a Lada or a Landwind. Funny that the Dutch truss manufacturers do much better than the Dutch car builders (like DAF and Spyker).

From personal experience - having done dozens of tests over many years - with several truss connection types and sizes: HAZ-cracking, spigot-pin shear and spigot-pin bending all start showing under failure conditions. But failure itself depends on dimensioning and alloys of the various connection parts components. For Prolyte X-type tubes, it was the HAZ failing as far as I can recall. And for H-tubes it was the narrowest point of the spigot-pin first failing in shear, quickly followed by the wider pin area.
    In fork-lug connectors like LSD, Slick and Camco the male lug often showed failure as a result of local compression ("Lochleibung") followed by shear of the lug.
    The Slick "Litebeam" 3 blind rivet coupler to tube connections were a nitemare to start with and always failed in local compression - even in sub-maximum loading conditions.
    My advise: stay away from mixing several brands - unless for scenery or decoration purposes only.

Freundliche Grüsse
    Rinus Bakker